The IEEE TCSC Award for Excellence in Scalable Computing is awarded for significant and sustained contributions to the scalable computing community through the IEEE Technical Committee on Scalable Computing (TCSC), coupled with an outstanding record of high quality and high impact research. The award consists of a medal and an honorarium of $1000. In the past, IEEE TCSC medal of excellence were awarded to Professor Jack Dongarra (University of Tennessee, USA) in 2008, Professor Rajkumar Buyya (University of Melbourne, Australia) in 2009, Professor William Gropp (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA) in 2010, and Professor Albert Zomaya (University of Sydney) in 2011.
Nominations: A candidate may be nominated by colleagues/TCSC members or may nominate him/her-self. A nomination should include the following details:
- Professional Employment Affiliations: List the nominee's current professional affiliations and titles.
- Citation: Give a brief citation (thirty words or less) precisely stating the most salient reason(s) why the nominee is qualified for the award.
- Technical Contributions: Describe the nominee's technical achievements as well as significance and impact.
- TCSC Contribution: Describe the candidate’s service and specific contributions to TCSC, its mission and its activities.
- Endorsers: Each nomination must be supported by letter from three at least endorsers. The endorsers will be required to comment on the nominee's technical contributions as well as service to the TCSC community.
Please provide the names, affiliation, and addresses (email) of your designated endorsers for your nomination.
Important Dates **Extended Deadline**:
- **Nomination Deadline: Feb 13th, 2012**
- Results Notification: Feb 28th, 2012
And the winner is : David Abramson - Monash University
Award Selection Committee: The award selection committee will consist of past winners, leaders in the field, as well as members of the TCSC Executive Committee. The selection committee
Award Presentation Note: The award will presented at the 12th IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Cluster, Cloud and Grid Computing (CCGrid 2012) to be held in Ottawa, Canada from May 13-16, 2012. The winner should be available to receive the award in person and present a keynote talk at the CCGrid 2012 conference. For more information about the conference please see http://www.cloudbus.org/ccgrid2012/.
Beniamino Di Martino, Second University of Naples, Italy
(Email: beniamino.dimartino at unina dot it)
Manish Parashar, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, USA
(Email: parashar at rutgers dot edu)
Beniamino Di Martino - Second University of Naples, Italy
Manish Parashar - Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, USA
Pavan Balaj - Argonne National Laboratory, USA
Jack Dongarra - University of Tennessee, Texas
Ian Foster - Argonne National Laboratory, USA
Robert Hsu - Ching-Hsien Hsu, Chung Hua University, Taiwan
William Gropp - University of Illinois
Hai Jin - Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China
Craig Lee - Aerospace Corporation, USA
Thierry Priol - INRIA, France
Omer Rana - Cardiff University, UK
Bruno Schulze - National Laboratory for Scientific Computing, Brazil
Albert Zomaya - University of Sydney, Australia
Laurence T. Yang - Xavier University,Canada
Barbara Chapman - University of Houston, Texas, USA
Dieter Kranzlmueller - Ludwig-Maximilians University (LMU), Munich, Germany
Selection Committee members cannot act as Endorsers or Nominators